Monday, September 30, 2013

Lazada Philippines: Giving in to Online Shopping for My Son’s Gift

                 I finally gave in to the fad that is popularly called as online shopping. Don’t get me wrong. I’m impressed with how popular e-commerce sites have become these past few years. But coming from a very traditional family, I have always found it extremely unsafe to submit personal information online especially credit card account details. But I just couldn’t stop myself from buying my son a tablet for only P3, 000 in Lazada. 

            I’m not ignorant on the fact that this generation is ultimately the most technologically obsessed era there is. And my son is no exemption. I went to his school last Friday to pick him up and since his dad and I are separate, getting him what he likes is always on top of my priority list. I get him every other week and the arrangement started when my son entered grade school. We live in the same area so it’s not much of a stretch for my child physically as compared to other children. 

            I was looking for a gift to get my son to help him better catch up in school. I noticed how everyone in his class had some sort of tablet to download educational games and videos in. And since my child is top at his kumon class, I think it’s safe to get him a reward just for growing up so responsible given our family’s setup.
            I work for the government, which is synonymous to saying I don’t earn much. If I’m lucky, I get my salary on time. And that’s the sad truth. So the BDO installment mode of payment by Lazada would help me incredibly on making the payment process work for me. The installment would allow me to pay in 6 monthly installments making my payments for my son’s tablet only P500 per month. A huge factor to why I even considered buying online. 

            But the BDO installment only works for purchases with a minimum of P3, 000. So just to be able to avail it, I bought my son a digital watch worth P300. Not only did it allow me to make use of the installment promo but it also qualified me to a free of charge delivery. I know the P55 delivery charge would have been a small stretch, a very small stretch. But like I mentioned earlier, I’m not well off and every penny would very helpful.

            I didn’t just fall into temptation because of the affordability though. I still did a background check prior to ordering. Apparently, Lazada’s PCI DSS approved that makes it secure from different forms of privacy attack. PCI DSS is short for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. It’s a respected company that assesses online stores by the systems used for customer protection. E-commerce websites are mostly the one in dire need of evaluation to ensure customer peace of mind. Lazada was successfully able to pass the Self Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) and the PCI DSS Security Scan. I only knew about such seal of approval when I researched about it but I’m sure glad it exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment