Monday, September 16, 2013

Lazada Philippines: Hungry for Some Online Shopping


I hate how sometimes I can never get the stuff I like online. But it’s not because I can’t afford it, but because I have no freaking idea how to accomplish a single transaction. I get how some like money being deposited into accounts but I’m in grade school. What do I know?

I tried asking my mom once about it and all she said was it wasn’t something I should be doing. Online shopping apparently can’t be trusted. But I don’t believe that all. I’ve seen it be advertised on tv and in magazines too many times. Generalizing that all of it is a rip off would contradict what well-respected media companies say about shopping online.

The closest thing to me purchasing online was through Lazada Philippines and I’m not even sure if that counts. I didn’t pay any money to the bank. I didn’t use anyone’s credit card. I literally paid only after it was delivered at my mom’s house (Parents are separated, pssh) So I still don’t know until now if I have made any legitimate online transactions but I’m still curious to how credit card or deposit payments work. The method of payment is called cash on delivery and it’s pretty much self-explanatory.

I bought a mechanical pencil and a backpack online because my mom told me about a sale Lazada was holding. She was initially going to pay using her credit card but I asked her if she could choose cash on delivery so I can pay the deliveryman myself. She didn’t quite get it but she agreed to it anyway.

There are so many awesome things online that I can never find in the malls I normally go to. And I live in Makati so I guess that’s saying something since I’m surrounded by shopping malls. Also, the prices are a lot different online. Most of the stuff I like are always cheaper. Sales are normal online unlike in real malls where you have to either wait for the end of the month or season sales.

Shopping online for me is also a lot more efficient. I don’t have to worry about how long I take thinking about whether or not I want to buy something. I can also check out every item in the online mall I visit since there’s no one in line behind me to pressure me to finish quickly. I don’t get a lot of shopping sprees from either of my parents so I always take forever before deciding what to buy. It’s not something my parents take against me but a lot of the other shoppers sure stare at me after every time I leave the store. It’s like they know I’ve been there more than twice in one day already.

I can’t wait until I’m old enough to get my own card. My mom gave my older sister who’s now in high school a credit card. It has a limit though but I would take that over not having a card any day. Most of my friends buy their toys online though it’s their parents who do the majority of the purchasing. They just choose. My parents are not very hands on when it comes to providing for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment