Monday, September 30, 2013

Lazada Philippines: How I Got Involved with Jake Cuenca


I have heard of Lazada a couple of times through friends. And even before that, my friends have been urging me to try out shopping online instead of spending all my time in the mall on weekends. I know I do some pretty serious damage when I go shopping but it has been my only way of forgetting about my recent breakup. But as much as it helps, I end up worrying even more after seeing how much I spent each time.
            It’s not my fault I live right next to Rockwell and that everything there is literally priced in gold. What’s worse is I end up eating at really expensive restaurants each time out of sheer boredom. So maybe giving online shopping a shot was for the best. Not only would it take me away from the outrageously priced stores but also I’d be able to avoid spending on food more when we have a made in the condo to do that for me.
            The back-story to why Lazada’s recently always being brought up is because of Jake Cuenca. Okay, I know it sounds bizarre but you have to hear me out first. One of my officemates went to school with Jake before and she’s been obsessed with him ever since. Kind of scary if you ask me but she’s totes nice making her obsession just a side story I learned to deal with.
            I was driving along EDSA when I saw Jake Cuenca’s face plastered on one of the buses in front of me endorsing some sort of Tablet being sold on Lazada. I called my friend up and told her about it and of course, she knew way before I did. That’s when I became completely familiar to it because before that, I’d just see my friend checking it out on her laptop and phone.
            So I thought to myself that it would be the safest online store to buy from since Jake Cuenca’s endorsing it. Yes, I am a victim of marketing and I’m a little bit ashamed of it. To cut the story short, I basically bought a pair of maroon high heels from Lazada and maybe a few more items.
            It wasn’t really that hard to get around. The site had a section dedicated to clothes and make up. I was simply doing them a favor by supporting its efforts and plus they have an installment-based payment method making my payments a lot more manageable as compared to having to pay in full each month.   
            I haven’t bought anything after that but it’s something I’m definitely game to do again in the future. I’ve been scouting on some other sites these past few days but I haven’t really gotten into choosing. Since I like so many, I have to downsize it to just the few I desperately need. It seems a lot harder to let go of money now for some reason. I’m guessing it’s because I know the moment I loosen up I’ll probably end up exhausting my savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment