Thursday, September 12, 2013

Lazada Philippines: Understanding Online Shopping Boils Down to Sufficient and Proper Information


It’s definitely hard to support something that a person can’t easily grasp. And the same goes for online shopping. Some say that online shopping isn’t as huge here in the Philippines as compared to other developing countries because it’s a method that is far from what is traditional or familiar. That may be true. But the odds of Filipino non-compliance to e-commerce websites because of their lack of knowledge on how to go about the process required in online shopping are still high.

I made an experiment the other day just to see how different my understanding is with regards to shopping online from my mom’s point of view. I logged in Lazada Philippines and purchased a lavender-colored hoodie and finished in less than 15 minutes including the span of time I took to search for my item. When it was time for my mom to do the same, she took twice as long as I did. But as bad as that may sound, it actually made things a lot clearer for me.

First of all, my mom is in no way skilled in using a computer. She may see me spending my entire day in front of my laptop but that doesn’t immediately correlate to her understanding it by ways of looking. But what my mom has that other first timers don’t have is patience. My mom graduated with a degree in Industrial Engineering and with her course comes pride. She browsed the website on her own and was able to figure it out with no help from me. That goes to show how possible it is to learn without a tutorial as long as all the requirements needed to understand a particular topic is accessible.

Lazada Philippines laid out all the important methods and information a newbie needs to acquire on the face of the page. Since Lazada is an all-around store that consists of more than 20,000 products, the purchasing method becomes a lot more complex compared to how a single order is completed. But no matter how difficult it may seem, proper information is all you need to get by. And the information posted on both the top and bottom parts of the website are sufficient enough to educate just about anyone, old or young. And that helped my mom figure out the rest. You see, sometimes the flaw is not in the program but the person manipulating it. How do some online companies expect to receive orders if the location of the order form is impossible to find?

Purchasing from the net is not rocket science. But it does require a great amount of willingness to learn if one aims to fully adapt this type of lifestyle that is very uncommon to many. As long as a website is fully understandable and is user-friendly, then the rest is up to the customer. Don’t think that because online shopping can only be accessed through a smart phone or a laptop that someone as old as 50 can never get it to work to their advantage without external factors helping them do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment