Monday, September 23, 2013

Lazada Philippines: Trying to Survive my Very Casual Work Life

I take time off at least for an hour everyday to check out my email and well, my facebook. I’ve only been working for a little over a month so I haven’t really gotten into the whole submerge yourself in work during working hours and do the rest when you get home mindset. Though I know that’s a bad thing, I can’t help but think twice about my line of work. Everyday, I’m miserable at work and a huge part of it because I feel like I’m missing a lot when it comes to my friends’ house.

            So whenever I can take my mind off work, I try my best to make myself happy any way I can. And the Internet does that for me.  But don’t think I slack off at work. For some reason, I just finish really early. I have very little workload and I’m guessing it’s because I’m still on probation and they’re scared of giving me so many responsibilities. Hey, as long as I’m getting paid, fine by me.

            The best part about my day so far is getting myself a black tote-size handbag similar to what I’ve always wanted from Celine. It’s synthetic leather but the shape of it is enough to make up for the poor material. I normally just bring a small bag to work since I never needed so many things back in college. But now, a tote bag seems like the perfect size for all the paperwork I bring home.
           
            I bought it from Lazada Philippines and it wasn’t like I intended to buy it. I was just looking around. But it stared me right in the face when I visited the site. It’s 30% off and when I bought it early this morning, there were only 3 stocks left. It seemed reasonable to by at that time because the bag I have with me now is already worn out. I kept using it thinking my mom or older sister would notice and they’d buy me another one like old times. But I guess knowing I work now makes them feel less liable. I paid using my mom’s credit card. But I would still have to pay her back. Ugh, work kills the free thrills sometimes.

            I also registered my Starbucks card. It entitled me to a free Grande drink of my choice, which I availed during lunch break. I swear there’s just so many perks too take advantage of online. The barista also reminded me about a free birthday cake that I can avail 60 days from the start of my birthday. In that case, I have more than a month to get it. But I would have to pay for a drink to claim it. I haven’t gotten my paycheck yet and I already bought the bag so I’m pretty much on a budget now.

            So little highlights have happened to me since I started work and maybe that’s the problem. I got so used to being out almost everyday in college. I lived in a condo with my bestfriend and I was just never bored unless it was by choice. If you’re still studying now, enjoy it. You’ll be surprised how much you’ll miss it when all of it is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment