Friday, September 6, 2013

Lazada Philippines: Outweighing my Pros and Cons with online shopping


I can confidently say that I have had my fair share of good and bad encounters online. I have been a victim of very poor quality purchases and at the same time, I have received extremely lavish customer services. So when it comes to my overall insights regarding online shopping, I’m half-hearted. But I’m leaning towards being in favor. Because despite the incredibly big rip off I experienced before, the majority of what I consider as my big investments have consistently been impressive. Like last week when I bough a Shiatsu Massage Cushion from Lazada and only 3 stocks were left then. I was like running a race and I was aiming to win at least one of the Top 3 awards. The infuriating part was my Internet then was acting up and I could feel it in my guts that I was going to come last place. It was also featured on the homepage of Lazada Philippines so it was bound to run out of stock fast. I considered giving up because even after 50 refreshes of the page, it stayed unloaded. But I was too head over heels on the product that I used every ounce of very little hope left in me to pursue getting it. To my surprise, after the nth time of resetting my router, it worked. The entire transaction right after was smooth sailing and I was able to get one out of three stocks left. I’m usually confident about Lazada restocking since I’ve bought from them multiple times but I couldn’t help but worry because the item I wanted was only an import. The massage cushion is literally a stress reliever. I don’t know anyone in my family who doesn’t want one. My mom especially who works all day at a P.R. firm and stands most of the time to approach potential clients. My dad even got it from my room yesterday and placed it on his car seat. Yes, there is no respect in privacy at my household. Besides the shiatsu cushion, I have also tried out getting two of my closest friends stuff online and getting it delivered directly to their houses. It’s a technique I got from my officemate who constantly missed her friends’ parties because of so much workload to finish.
            The time I lost all patience I had for something I really liked was back in 2011 when I wanted something from Multiply. The owner was relentless in sending me the jeans I liked in the worst condition possible. What made it suck even more? The owner never replied to me after I was able to pay in full. I bet my life that he was completely aware of the situation and that he was avoiding taking responsibility for his poor service. It’s been hard for me to buy from unregistered websites ever since. It sucks because I see a lot of things I like from student-owned online sites but because of what I went through before, I can never seem to bend my rules even once.

No comments:

Post a Comment