Monday, September 16, 2013

Lazada Philippines: A Different Kind of Online Experience

I had a different kind of experience while going through my daily online routine. Normally, I would open my Facebook then Twitter account while waiting for my gmail to load. After, I would browse through a couple of pages on Perez Hilton then log off immediately before I get stuck in front of my computer the whole day. But today was a little bit different.

I thought of looking at a few online stores out of sheer boredom. I went through voucher sites like Deal Grocer and Cash Cash Pinoy as well as shopping sites like Ebay, Lazada and Sulit. I have never bought online prior to what I’m about to tell you in a while. So it wasn’t like I had any plans of buying. I flat out just wanted to see what were on sale. I guess I was just full of luck today because I was surprised with a season end sale, which got me thinking about getting myself something nice in time for my mom’s birthday.

DISCLAIMER: I never get my mom anything. Besides the fact that she’s the least materialistic person in the planet, I personally like making videos or scrapbooks for the people I really care for. Material things just seem like a discrete way of saying a person cares but is too lazy to do anything out of the ordinary. So when I say I though of getting myself something and not my mom, it’s not because I don’t care.

I landed on a 40% off bandage dress in royal blue at Lazada. It was still priced a little over a thousand but I consider than a good stretch than what I normally spend on clothes since deliveries become free for every minimum purchase of P1, 000. It was right on the homepage under the Good Deals category. It wasn’t like I looked for it so I’m betting that fate was at work the whole time.

Since I didn’t know anything about shopping online then, I had to basically read every freaking policy to understand how things would work. Despite having a good idea of how the methods of payments work, Cash on Delivery was all that stuck to me. It also sounded less complicated since the payment happens during the delivery. I don’t trust online shopping enough to give out personal bank account information anyway.

After getting myself a dress, I noticed how the electric mixer underneath the Hot Deals category was on sale. This time around, I thought of my mom. She’s a baker at heart but her schedule just won’t allow her to make time for it. The mixer would be a great addition to her kitchen and this time I know she would use it. It was marked down to half its original price making it an easy decision for me.

I’m hoping I get my orders within this week because if things work out well, I might just get my dad a little something too in time for my mom’s party that’s bound to turn into a reunion.


No comments:

Post a Comment