Thursday, September 5, 2013

Lazada Philippines: An Exploration for Less


I love gallivanting and just wandering off to a place unfamiliar to me. But I never thought cyber shopping would ever become one of my main interests. It dawned to me a couple of months ago that I have never been open to the idea of social media. I guess it comes with my age. I never liked dating so much because as early as 18 years old, I promised myself that I’d travel the world to make up for my what my mom was never able to accomplish after dying of leukemia when I was just starting out high school. But I guess my lack of understanding towards some concepts in life was bound to get to me. And it definitely did.

            Because I travel so often, shopping has become second nature to me. Bringing home souvenirs for my dad to display in our old house in Laguna became one of my guilty pleasures. It showed off what I have accomplished in so little time and at the same time gave pride to my parents knowing I have come so far. I’m not gloating or anything. It’s just that we come from hardly a middle class type of family and travelling is a term used for leisure more than anything else. But because my job required me to attend conventions so often, I was able to fulfill my lifelong dream that I never thought in a million years I would be able to do. 

            Shopping abroad was costly. It was because I was given so much allowance from my employer that I rarely took notice of how much I’ve been splurging on the most uncalled for things. But 5 months ago, more than 30 employees were cut off because of financial difficulties affecting the budget allotted for my team’s trips abroad. I was advised to watch our team’s spending, as I am the assistant vice president of my department. Late last month, I monitored what my co-employees spent on and I was terribly disappointed at how much money we were putting to waste. It was then I suggested to my team that we brought over supplies to our trip instead of taking so little of the necessities with us to make room for souvenirs. But since we were still tight on budget, we had to find a way to purchase items all at once and successfully reimburse it with no malice. 

            Online shopping makes it incredibly easy for big bulk shopping. The very recent purchase our team made was from Lazada Philippines where we swept clean their travel & leisure category. They had a massive 70% SALE that saved us a lot more money than we planned on. It not only helped lessen our expenses but also gave our department acknowledgement for making an extra effort to help out the company. 

            It was an unexpected turn of events but online shopping unlike what I thought saved me more money than I thought was possible. I always thought online stores were a rip off and a marketing tool that people could live without. As thankful as I am for all the malls, I can’t help but be even more grateful for the malls online.

No comments:

Post a Comment