Sunday, September 29, 2013

Lazada Philippines: How NOT to Order a Loot Bag Online

             My brother can be such a pain in the ass when it comes to these things. My eldest brother of six years asked me to order goodies for my niece’s fifth birthday party. I was more than happy to do it. I saw a party website (I’ll keep it anonymous) online and was drawn to its packages. It seemed legitimate and there was no ounce of doubt in my mind it would pull of the stunt it did.

            Two days before my niece’s celebration, a package was delivered to us by the party planning website I ordered from. And we were surprised to see how the figurines were as small as the green toy soldiers in Toy Story, the candy coated chocolates were Wiggles (No offense. I love wiggles but I could have gotten that myself), and a note attached to a few cheap bracelets with black and white ‘Thanks for Coming, insert kid’s name’ written on it.

            I distinctly remember seeing the figurines shaped like little princesses to be bigger on the site. The marshmallows were described to be homemade and the bracelets were supposed to be freaking engraved with personalized names of the kids invited. I spent P7, 000 on a package deal worth less than a thousand. So I get why my brother was furious but he was so mad like it was something I couldn’t remedy.

            To prove my ass of a brother wrong, I decided to make my own loot bags with the previous package included too. I went online and was linked to a page on Lazada with items less than a hundred each. Now, I’ve ordered from it a long time ago but never got to visit it after again. Since I was spending my own money this time, I needed the cheap thrills. Lazada has an option where items can be listed from cheapest to most expensive giving me less time to haggle.

There were spongebob and princess Disney beach balls each costing P99. There were other designs but I made a wild guess that Spongebob was all the rage of kids today. The dimensions were included so it was a lot easier to decide this time without apprehensions. My mistake before was not asking for measurements prior to depositing the money. There were also Marvel Heroes and Disney Princess puzzles around the same amount as the beach balls. The beach balls and the puzzles were right next to each other so it wasn’t easy to find. I bought 10 pieces of each and was happy that it got delivered in time for my niece’s birthday.

            My brother later on apologized but I swear that I will never forget about that experience. So my suggestion is if you can do it yourself, avoid relying on package deals with no specifications. It’s not so difficult to please kids anyway. Just buy something with their favorite cartoon character on it and you’re all good. Online shopping is okay. It’s the recklessness that you’ll have a problem with. Because some sites just make its items look so damn worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment