Thursday, May 2, 2013

A bittersweet purchase turned gold from Lazada


Since everyone’s flying out to boracay, I thought of different ways to keep myself busy. I figured I’d be doing myself a favor if I skipped this year’s Laboracay because not only would I be able to salvage myself from an inevitable massive allergic reaction to heat (seriously), I would also be able to put my money to better use like duh, shopping. So I went to Mall of Asia yesterday to check out if there was any sale left from their previous midnight sales. I was able to buy a buy 1 take 1 pair of shoes, faded jeans and a scarf from Cotton On and a maong vest and cheetah head dress from Forever 21. You would think that was enough to take me away from my misery but even my boyfriend knew better. Retail therapy was a fail which has never happened before. Obviously, there was much too bitterness to cover that even loads of new stuff couldn’t completely fill it up.

                When I got home, I tried to delay myself from going online as much as I could. My friends have this obsession over posting every little thing they like on instagram and the last thing I needed was seeing just how happy they are about leaving me to rot in Manila. I checked out more shopping sites I could order from. It took a while before I saw something I really liked. But when I finally saw it, I knew it was just the thing I needed to make myself happy about my decision. I saw gold Casio watch from Lazada Online Shop and immediately it caught my attention. If there was anything that was going to make me happy, it was investing on something worth every penny with my supposed money.
                Considering how often I buy online because of how totally giddy I am about going to malls to shop, I was taken aback by the fact I found the thing that would satisfy me from an online shop. But at that moment, that didn’t matter. Since it was only I think the second time I bought something online using my credit card, I was a bit apprehensive at first. But as I signed up and added my order to my online shopping cart, everything that was happening then started to feel right. Screw taking risks. I only realized now as I wrote it down how stupid I was but either way I still would have bought it. After ordering, I kept thinking about how long I would have to wait for my watch to be delivered. The website said all orders to be delivered with metro manila would take 1-3 days. Of course, I didn’t think it was going to be as fast as it was. I got my order later this afternoon. Yes, that fast. Talk about not knowing what hit you. I went out of my room and was completely caught off guard to see a box from LazadaPH with my watch in it. 

                Words can’t explain how extremely happy I am about not going to Boracay anymore. I was able to buy something for myself to make me happy that no pictures can take away. I guess everything does happen for a reason. I just didn’t think I’d figure out the reason right after.

No comments:

Post a Comment