Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Personal Experience with Online Shopping


It has become relatively normal to turn to shopping online when you have exhausted all your options. But why make it your last resort if you know for a fact that using it right away can help you avoid wasting so much of your valuable time?

I like shopping online not because I’m lazy but I definitely have seen firsthand the difference between the rates of products in malls as compared to online malls. Think about it. Outlet stores have rental to pay for which they try to gain back by adding on to their products’ rates. And given the very small space they are normally given, the number of items they can properly present makes the ‘patong’ all the more bigger. With online stores, you can sell a total of a million products and not have to worry if there would be enough room to prioritize each item. Basically, what I’m trying to point out is items sold online are normally a lot cheaper because fewer expenses are put on top of their original retail price.

I wouldn’t refer to myself as frugal but I definitely don’t spend out of impulse on items I know are just priced too much. And I rarely find the items I really in malls that are within my ideal price range given how I studied Marketing and know how that can completely mislead people into thinking the products are worth every cent. So to cut off my wasted efforts, I go online whenever I can to round up the things I like priced reasonably.

I have my top picks when it comes to shopping online of course just like others have their preferred brands. With online shopping, it’s all about making sure that your item gets to you in good condition. I like to shop from Lazada because most of the stuff I buy when summed up normally reach over a thousand. And since it offers free delivery for a minimum purchase of P1000, it saves me a lot of money not to mention energy. Also, it gives me a sense of security knowing the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard or PCI DSS has tested it. It’s a security company known for assessing e-commerce websites of their capability to ensure the safety of its customers’ personal and private information. The systems used by the e-commerce websites are tested and after are given a seal of approval on the site to prove that it has successfully passed its evaluation. This wasn’t firsthand information though. Before even getting into the whole fad of online shopping, I did my own research to make sure that all my transactions would be kept private and out of reach from hackers.

There are different ways to identify the level of security a website can offer and the PCI DSS is just one of the many security companies that have been known to test e-commerce websites. If you’re not familiar with the method you’re using, it’s always smart to do your own background check so as not to feel ripped off if things don’t go your way.




No comments:

Post a Comment