Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Found A New Online Bookstore Perfect for Me


Lazada Philippines is an online shopping mall known for a lot of things but one thing it rarely is accounted for are books, music and videos. It has more than 500 items to choose from ranging from books, original soundtrack music, pop music, DVDs, etc. You’ll even find a Bob Ong or Kikomachine Komix set for less than a thousand.

But it wasn’t like this was how I initially found out about Lazada. Of course, like anyone, I was drawn to it because of its impressive collection in consumer electronics. But while I was looking through its lists of tablets, I remembered seeing a book entitled, Shatter Me, in the bookstores and out of curiosity looked for it on Google. And funny how I just landed right back at the site I was already in the first place. Although I would have to admit that it was stupid of me already not to just browse through the site seeing how it had Books as one of its categories.

It was the back page of the book that really captured me. It’s hard to tell just by reading it how the story goes but you would immediately know that it’s a suspense and the fact you’re unable to clearly depict makes it all the more interesting. Of course, the cover alone was enough to get my curiosity kicking to be honest.

The book is only a little over PHP 300. 00 and that is saying a lot considering how expensive books have become over the years. Normally, good reads are sold for a minimum of PHP 500. 00 making it close to impossible for me to have a new book on hand every week. Unlike my classmates who get more than a thousand each week, I actually get a lot less than them making it more difficult for me to buy things besides the usual food and drinks for breaks.

Since the book is way less than what is needed to get it shipped for free at home, I asked my mom to take a look at Lazada to see if she would find anything interesting for the house. She got a stainless juicer for my lolo who just visited from New Zealand. She said it was essential for them to try to keep my lolo as healthy as possible and I guess her idea of healthy was juicing every possible fruit she can get her hands on. I was able to get the book but not for a few days because my mom never had the initiative to look at the site when I was in school and I only realized it when I asked her how she liked the site and of course, she didn’t know since she’s never seen it.

The said company is also responsible for introducing its very first venture in the country called Zalora Philippines, an online shopping website dedicated to all things related to fashion. I haven’t personally bought from there but I’m guessing by the time I graduate, I’d be one of those college students buying online for clothes to wear in school. That part I’m most excited about.   

No comments:

Post a Comment