Tuesday, October 15, 2013

How I Make Use of the Internet to My Advantage


I consider myself lucky to be part of such a technologically advanced generation. I wouldn’t know how else I would survive if the only means of communication stayed via snail mail or if the only way I could talk to my crush is via telephone meaning I would have to actually talk to them consistently for half an hour or so. But what I mostly can’t imagine not having in my life is the perks of having the internet to provide me every answer I might possibly need to get through high school. Even I know adults find comfort in the idea they can store whatever they need in a usb or research on their latest cases with just the help of Google scholar.

Right now, I’m crazy over shopping online because of how convenient it is compared to having to drop by the mall. I really don’t like dressing up but for some reason, I can never leave the house looking like a hobo so it takes me forever to get ready. So instead of having to worry about how to make society approve of me, I would rather just stay home and do any possible errands from the comforts of my comforter. Shopping websites do just the trick for me.

As much as I like getting things for free, I have to say that the experience of reading a hard/softbound book is incomparable to just reading an illegally downloaded e-book from a tablet or phone. But because I have very little to waste my time on, I finish reading the novels I buy fast giving me nothing left to do by the end of the week. So instead of going through the trouble of dressing up just to buy a few books in the bookstore, I purchase online instead.

I like buying from Lazada because they normally deliver for free. By normal I mean that they give free delivery for every minimum purchase of any kinds of items. And since I like buying in sets, I get to save on gas money and delivery fees. Also for some reason, the books sold at Lazada are much cheaper compared to the bookstores. Since I read almost any type of genre, I get the books I can afford the most or seems to me are being sold for very cheap prices. You can arrange the books according to prices, popularity etc. I personally like arranging them from lowest costing to most expensive so it’s a lot easier to keep track of which ones I already have since I normally always get the cheap ones.

I get them delivered to my house for free and since I don’t own a credit card, not by choice may I add but my age is ineligible to apply for one, I am forced to pay in cash which isn’t as bad. Paying in cash means I don’t have to worry about not getting my money’s worth or my order never getting delivered because Lazada’s cash on delivery only gets payment the moment the package is delivered to one’s doorstep.

You can try it out on Lazada.com.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment