Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Lazada Philippines: Unconventional Tips- Moving in for Less

Changing locations constantly can be such a burden. I found that out the hard way this past week when our contract that lasted up to 6 years ended. My mom and dad just moved back to the province and I was left alone to deal with finding a new place to settle in. I found a unit a lot cheaper a few buildings away from my old one. The old place I stayed at was fully furnished when I moved in. The unit I was going to transfer to however was only semi-furnished with just a bed post and an air condition installed in the room. My parents suggested that I buy my own pieces of furniture for investment purposes as well. I had to think fast where to buy and act on it before all my other obligations with work piled up. 

In the process of moving in, I discovered a few helpful tips I would have never thought of doing prior to what happened. I hope you find these just as practical and cheap as I did.

   1.      GARAGE SALE – Since I had no other place to stash my old clothes and stuff from back in college, I collected everything unnecessary in one balikbayan box and sold it at my friend’s house. I know it’s a very western thing to do but you’d be surprised just how successful it turns out every time my friends do it. Location is key. Find a place with people your age and give out flyers with your friends. If you haven’t used it in a year, then it’s probably about time you let it go. Hoarding isn’t going to make your life easier. Might as well earn from your bad habit of keeping old memories a little longer than you should.

   2.      ONLINE SHOPPING DELIVERY – If you need a new set of furniture to replace your old or you’re planning to finally buy one for the first time, you can always rely on online shopping. Lazada Philippines has a wide range of products you can buy from furniture, electronics, kitchenware, etc. If you have barely anything to put in a moving truck, spare a few bucks and stick to stocking your car. Furniture  bought online can be delivered to your new place giving you one less thing to worry about. Order it two days before your scheduled move in to your new place so the items get delivered to you just in time.

   3.      DONATE FOR A CAUSE – If you have treats like canned goods or packed boxes that you know for a fact you will never have the time to cook a month from now, don’t hesitate to give. I personally don’t cook as often as I used to anymore with my mom away and my busy schedule. Since I live in Manila, a lot of street children spread out the streets asking for money. Instead of giving them coins that you can never be really sure of is for, hand out goods little by little until you can have more space for your other far more important things.
Good luck! Tell me how it goes. ;)
           

No comments:

Post a Comment