Sunday, July 21, 2013

Lazada: Excellence in Consignment Service


Lazada Philippines has a different way of providing excellence in service. It tries to stay away from what is expected and traditional. Unlike other companies that establish their fan base from offline marketing, Lazada takes advantage of its roots and begins with online marketing. They redefined the term online PR with extensive efforts to reach out to billions of Filipinos nationwide. How else would they have garnered the title of most talked about page on Facebook Philippines if it weren't for its impressive online exposure? 

I know how frustrating it can get reading about articles online about websites that they personally recommend. And I know that my judgment is not enough to convince you just how beneficial online shopping can be. So I won't make use of professional or business-related terms to make my statements sound legitimate. I will let my experience speak for itself. 

Last March of 2013, I became involved in a retail store that manufactures clothes for different local brands mostly found in SM Department Stores nationwide. As one of my first tasks to bag a contract with the management, it was my goal to promote our brand as its own rather than just a manufacturer for other already well-established brands. You would think of my task as manageable but what made it difficult was that I was required to outshine the brands that we supply for. This meant damaging professional relationships with our present customers which was definitely not an option. I had to make our brand known without the expense of losing a tie up.  

I heard about Lazada through a friend from my former employer who also worked under the marketing team. We were talking about the latest trends on marketing today. Just like fashion, marketing also changes over time. Seasons determine which strategies work best and which ones need to be swept under the rug. She mentioned how consignments were making a comeback and how much money could be saved in the process. Consignments for those unfamiliar with the word is just like SM Department Store. It's when a seller collects merchandises from a variety of suppliers and sells it under one outlet store. I saw an opportunity in this and immediately contacted Lazada for a possible partnership. I proposed our brand and made an appointment with their representative.  In less than two months, our sales doubled because of such online exposure. Since the website targets all locations in the Philippines, the audience our brand was able to tap evolved to billions in minutes. The brand spoke for itself and the simple consignment deal with Lazada allowed us to be known nationwide for a faster period of time and for a lower cost. 

The website is also handled by an international company known for international online ventures called Rocket Internet. This company has had experiences outside the Philippines making the quaity of the service they provided guaranteed to succeed. The internet's influence to all types of businesses has grown profoundly and it would be a shame if Filipinos do not see the beauty in this as early

No comments:

Post a Comment