Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Lazada: A pair of hip boots for my inevitable rainy lifestyle

I always end up getting my new pair of shoes ruined because of the constant mini floods along my school. So it’s not that I like buying new pairs each month. It’s more of because I don’t have a choice. If I buy something cheap, it’ll end up losing its sole quicker than pairs that are pricier. But then I’d feel terrible about ruining expensive shoes. I’d wear boots but that would just be too tacky. Unless someone makes it a trend, I don’t think I will be ever caught dead wearing one. 

                My friends have been experiencing the same kind of dilemma too. We’ve been fighting the ridiculous flood for almost two years and now it sets us back from class sometimes because we’d have to either stay in school until it dies down or stay at home to avoid being stranded on our way to class. Either way, we get blamed for being late in class. 

                My sister who went to my college before I did told me how stupid it was to constantly miss classes because of the rain. Though most of our professors understand how difficult it is to get in the campus with flood blocking the very entrance of the students and admins, some teachers don’t. Sadly, those professors handle our major classes. This happens more frequently during the rainy season. Believe it or not, we still get a hell of a massive flood rape during summer class.  My mom was also having trouble keeping up with my monthly shopping expenses telling me it would be a big help if I bought boots to prevent any of my shoes getting ruined. But what my mom was in denial about was that my sister had no say whatsoever on how she looked making it a lot easier for her to bring boots to school. She literally has a separate bag for her boots to keep her books from getting wet. It’s responsible of her but she had a car. I commute. Why I still don’t have my own remains a mystery to me too. 

                But for some reason, me and my friends gave in and decided to haunt some cute boots for our sake and for the sake of our awful grades. We went to the mall to scout for some but all of the boots we liked that had decent designs we knew we could pull off were way above our budget.  We tried online and saw some pretty good ones but all of them were from foreign sites meaning we’d have to get it shipped which seemed just all too unnecessary. We were lucky because we saw some boots on sale from Lazada for less than P300. There were also boots with laces on them that made it not look like rain boots at all. But those were too pricy for a pair we can’t really wear in events. The boots I bought was black that had polka dots on it. It was the most practical for me since I like wearing colorful tops and blazers with my pants. It’s been a week now since we started wearing them and it’s a shame we didn’t do it earlier. 

                Fashion’s so innovative today that you can find footwear or clothes to match any crisis or event without looking like a total fool. The rain boots even got me thinking of buying brown ones that celebrities normally wear with their skinny jeans. It seems over the top for some but I personally like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment