Monday, July 15, 2013

Get Smart with your kids


Mobile Phones have become wants more than needs. They have become so essential that even a 7-year old kid can be seen wearing one along his or her neck. I am a mother of two. My eldest is 12 years old while my youngest is turning 6 this month. I know how hard it is to decide between keeping a child grounded and away from technology as long as possible and becoming practical for their very own safety requiring them to get a cellular phone. I am a single mom with four franchises I manage that helps fund the lifestyle that me and my kids have. My husband and I separated when my daughter was 3 years old. He migrated to the states and left a few of our family franchises under my name to support our family. I have control over my hours so I never need a yaya in the house in-charge of taking care of my children. But every now and then things would come up and I’d have to make location visits. It’s those times that I feel the importance of my children having phones with them at all times. Since I do service duty, I bring my children to school and pick them up after class. At times that I can’t, I ask my sister-in-law to do it for me who comes all the way from Commonwealth. I try my best to never make my kids worry so every time I can’t pick them up, I call them to remind them where to wait and what time their aunt will arrive. My kids go to separate exclusive schools so it’s hard to stay calm knowing they’re not together.
            I recommend phones for the sole purpose of security. Get phones for your children that they would have an easy time manipulating. You can check out Lazada’s list of Smartphones below P5, 000 at http://www.lazada.com.ph/get-smart/#content. I personally like touch screens because it makes it easier for my kids to touch whichever app they need to. I bought my two kids a Torque Droidz phone each. It wasn’t that pricey but it was definitely enough to keep me sane when apart from them. I also wanted a phone that looked nice for my 12 year old son who’s getting closer to being a teenager. I bought the same phone for my daughter because she tends to cry over her brother getting all the better stuff. She’s a bit spoiled but I like to make her feel every bit loved considering her dad’s away from us. The same goes with my son.
            I just always keep in mind how important it is to keep my children grounded so they can enjoy being a child. I hate seeing kids so involved in online games as young as 3 years old. It’s a shame really that we sometimes forget to pass on our good childhood memories to our kids because giving them a gadget to play with makes them a lot more manageable than when they choose to play rough.


No comments:

Post a Comment