Friday, June 28, 2013

Smart buying this gift giving season


Ever heard of a girl going crazy over a sale? It's not a myth. I would know since I've experienced it once or twice or maybe more. I can't resist going over every bazaar I hear about. Whether it's in Quezon City, Pasig, Paranaque or just plain old Manila, I would have this urge to check out each one just to see if anything would interest me. This habit wasn't something I was proud of but I'm happy to say it's something I eventually got over.

Through the years, I became best friends with my iPad that eventually resulted to my next obsession, online shopping sales. Now, this is actually a lot worse than the bazaars I used to go to. Sales online come up regularly sometimes even daily. But if there's one thing I like about it compared to actual bazaars is the range in the discounts. The sales online are also a lot better because not only are they more affordable, they are also a lot more convenient. I used to drive from North to South whenever the holidays would come but with online sales, it requires less labor. A lot less.

Also, if I don't find something I like in one site, I don't feel as devestated as I would if I actually went there to come out empty handed. My very recent purchase was from Lazada. They were selling discounted cameras and it was perfect for Father's Day. My parents are flying to Malaysia by the end of the month. My dad's a frutrated photographer so he takes pictures of literally everthing he sees with his iPhone. I wanted to buy him a DSLR but I thought to myself that would be too bulky for him. A digital camera would be perfect not to mention cheaper. Not that I'm hesitant to spend on my dad. It's just a lot more practical. Because Lazada's popularly known for their wide array of gadgets, it was inevitable for me to find something my dad would like. I also thought of buying my dad the latest digital camera where people could directly upload online from the camera itself.

But then I realized my dad doesn't even have Facebook so that feature would be useless. I bought a Canon digital camera with 20 megapixels. It's super small and slim. Father day has passed and I still haven't given it to my dad. I still have not gotten around visiting because of work but I intend to give it over the weekend during our family dinner for before they leave for one week.  I hate it when people think that those who give out gifts on sale are cheap and rude. I think with what's happening with the economy, it's very smart. Even the latest gadgets anyway are being put on sale so I don't see what's so wrong with being intelligent about buying items that can be bought for lower prices. And besides, what ever happened to the popular cliche, "It's the thought that counts."?

No comments:

Post a Comment