Monday, June 10, 2013

A great Father's Day deal from LAZADA


It's that time of the year when fathers finally get the recognition they deserve. The man of the house is given his one special day to rise above thewoman who normally gets all the glory and praises. The breadwinner is given something in return for their hard work just because they deserve it. This second Sunday of June that authorizes them to stop whatever they are doing and enjoy a day dedicated to them alone. For once, they get a gift. For once, they are acknowledged for their amazing efforts to provide for the family. And what better way to express your love for your father than giving them something they would never by for themselves? A small token of appreciation is appreciated but thinking outside the box and giving your father something they think you would never spend for results to a smile worth millions. Priceless.


I was ahead of everyone because I thought of already getting my dad who lives abroad a couple of days ago. 3 days to be exact. I was doing my regular online site visits when I stumbled upon Lazada's Father's Day ad. When I was younger, I would type on Google "Gifts for Father's Day" to help me figure out what to get for my dad with my measely allowance. And the Lazada ad was just an easier way to make it happen this time since I have been a regular customer for months now. They had a list of possible gifts categorized into five namely, CLASSY, HOMY, SPORTY, HOBBY, and TECH dad. My dad was a sure shot homy dad having been retired for almost five years now. Last year, I got him a Ferrari jacket with matching hat to give him a sense of his youth since he used to run tracks when he was younger. I only saw him wear it once and it was only because I forced him to. It was during my birthday and him wearing it served as his gift to me. He still gave me some cash but it was basically torture to him. I remember him saying, "I don't want to look trying hard". It was typical of my dad to care what other people thought of him since he worked as a Marketing Director for two decades.

This year, I made sure he would get something ageless. Something that he would use on a daily basis and wouldn't be embarrassed about owning. There were really good options to choose from like a mini grill that would work well in our garden. Only he has stopped grilling the same time he stopped smoking. He said he wanted to preserve the little years left of him by staying away from any form of unhealthy gasses. But then I saw a mini refrigerator that would be perfect for his old office. He turned it into his game/library room where he'd spend more than half of his day keeping himself busy or away from wanting to find work again. The mini ref was worth P3,000 only. A big discount considering how much appliances are sold for today. It isn't electric or anything so he could just place it anywhere in the room next to him and conveniently get his drinks while watching a film. I had it delivered to my dad's address so my dad can get it before I visit this Sunday. It's by far my best gift idea yet. Well, not completely mine. But all effort was from yours truly. That has to cout for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment