Thursday, June 27, 2013

A statement bag for a change


My ex-boyfriend got me a bag for our 10th monthsary. I know it's a bit tacky celebrating months together and all but we felt it was important to make each other feel loved as often as we could.  I guess it was like telling each other we weren't confident we'd reach an anniversary to celebrate because a few days before our so-called year of success, we broke up. *Goes to a corner and sobs* ---- Over it. Anyway, It's not cause I'm bitter that I got a new bag. It was more of just like making a fresh start and besides the zipper was falling apart already anyway. I bough a bag from an online shop called Lazada. I was surprised to see that they were selling quite a number of branded bags. I was aiming for a Jansport bag and since they had one on sale, it just seemed logical to order then and there. I didn't have the time to go to the mall anyway since my ex boyfriend normally served as my transportation going everywhere. I wanted a solid color backpack in red but they only had one in penelope purple. Yup, that's what it's called. I didn't even make that up. It was 20% cheaper so I couldn't resist not buying it. I was too scared that the bag I had then would fall apart while I was in school also so I opted to get it despite not liking the color. It was my first time paying with the cash on delivery method which I didn't even have to choose in the first place. I had my pop's card with me but curiosity got the best of me so I tried it out. It was pretty cool. I got my bag two days after and I paid for it when the delivery guy got to the house. Well, my mom did. I was in school when it was delivered. I love the feeling of using something brand new so I was super happy to get a hold of it when I got home.  

Since I go to college with my ex-boyfriend, he eventually saw that I wasn't using the bag he gave me. Our common friend told me he got a bit ticked off because it was an uneccessary gesture. But then I just explained my side and said it was already broken so it's not like I had a choice. I don't know until now if I genuinely just wanted a new bag to replace my old one because of its condition or just because I wanted to make a statement that I didn't need my ex-boyfriend or any of the stuff he gave for that matter. It pisses me off how relationships can just easily end. I mean, what's the point of investing so much just to find out at the end that it wasn't going to last? Talk about a tortured soul of a teenager. Life has a weird way of making people learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment