Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lazada PH: Quality over everything else


Don’t let good promotion fool you. It’s not all glamour when it comes to putting up a business. Service after all is still the leading tool for measuring a website’s integrity. As a lot of you may already know, some websites win the hearts of its consumers through a popularity contest. Not that it’s wrong or anything of that nature but plainly because sometimes it overshadows the quality of the work put into every transaction. Of course a website properly branded seems a lot safer than the never been heard of websites. I just think it’s important to weigh things out and create the best of both worlds.
                Lazada’s exposure isn’t as conceptualized as others but you can tell by its promos and website alone that its integrity isn’t questionable. The website alone can testify to how much effort was put into making it as user-friendly as they can. Search bars, top categories and other features make it a go-to website. 
My first order from Lazada Online Store was an automatic digital steel microwave. I got one as a gift to my parents because growing up, I was the one who constantly made use of ours. Sometimes I’d heat my coffee and it would overflow inside leaving stains. Now, it just looks like someone puked all over it so it was about time we changed it into something that’s easier to clean up. I didn’t know Lazada worked but a first timer wouldn’t have a hard time manipulating the website. I signed up and if I remember correctly I got a free voucher for signing up to their newsletter. I don’t remember how much exactly anymore but I’m pretty sure I used it during the second or third time I bought. 
Around the time I was only getting myself familiar with how the website worked, a lot of methods of payments were still available. I used the 7-eleven method where I only had to present the online receipt to the person over the counter before paying. I claimed the microwave at the convenient store a few days after. It wasn’t really a burden because the 7-eleven I paid at was right next to where my parents and I live. I had my younger brother to pick it up for me and since then, that has been my regular protocol when buying. Recently, the website changed their payment methods and I had to opt for another method than paying at 7-eleven. It was only then that I realized how a lot easier life could have been for me in the past if I chose cash on delivery. With cash on delivery, the buyer will be asked to pay during the actual delivery that will be addressed to the location of his or her choice. If I had taken the time to read all the options, I would have realized sooner rather than A LOT later that getting my brother involved wasn’t necessary. Some marketing ads forget to include important details and sometimes customers only rely on what they see firsthand. Apparently all along Lazada had the payment method descriptions available at the bottom of their page. Being a noob can be such a pain in the…


1 comment:

  1. "Some marketing ads forget to include important details and sometimes customers only rely on what they see firsthand." True, but marketing ads have limited space which is why customers should also do their part and read the fine print.

    ReplyDelete