Sunday, April 14, 2013

Lazada: More payment options equals worry-free shopping

Among the many good reasons why I shop a lot in Lazada is the payment method. I mean payment methods collectively because there are three of them. They got of course payment through credit cards, they got Dragon Pay and the most convenient of all and most shoppers favorite the cash on delivery payment service. I have been waiting for a long time for a local online shopping website that offers multiple payment methods and not just the standard credit card payment. That has been my problem for a long time and the reason why I never shopped online. I never had a credit card, I never ever even attempted to sign up for one because of my worry about my finances getting haywire. That’s because it is easy to shop and buy things based on your impulse if you got a credit card on you. Self-discipline is a very difficult task, it takes a lot of focus, energy and concentration. Buying things at impulse is so easy when you are holding a credit card as opposed to actual cash because there is this perception on the surface of your brain that you are just swiping a piece of plastic no big deal and all you see are charges on your billing statement unlike actual cash where you could actually see the money going away and makes think twice whether to spend it or not to spend it.

 So going back to the payment methods in Lazada, the cash on delivery payment service is my payment method of choice because it is a non-complicated way to make a payment and it is also less-risky. It makes online shopping as simple as shopping in an actual shopping mall where you get your hands on the item immediately after you pay. It also puts your mind at ease whenever you are buying expensive gadgets online. It also takes away the worry of losing the item during delivery since you have not put up some money up-front yet unlike how it is when you are using credit card as a method of payment. I could recall during the holiday season last year when I bought my wife a Samsung Galaxy 3 tablet where I put the payment method on the cash on delivery basis, the thing with that order was that due to the holiday rush the delivery sort of got a little bit delayed but since I opted to pay for it on the cash on delivery basis, I did not worry about not even a single bit.

 Another payment method that they have is Dragon Pay, this payment method is also a credit card-less payment system that utilizes the Philippine banking networks and other non-traditional establishments like convenience stores, remittance centers, pawnshops and other similar business establishments. How it works is that it allows you to go to your nearest convenience store and deposit cash as payment for the item that you ordered and that payment will be tracked and remitted to Philippines' Online Shopping Mall just like how it is when you pay your utility bills at 7-11. So there you have it, there’s no reason why you should not take advantage of the benefits of online shopping in Lazada because it is so easy to pay and shopping is absolutely risk-free.


No comments:

Post a Comment